- Everton (14) and Liverpool (23) racked up a total of 37 shots in their goalless draw. Since start of last season only one other 0-0 had as many shots when Brighton and Norwich drew a blank in April also with 37 shots.
- Only hours after the Merseyside derby Newcastle (23) drew 0-0 with Palace (19) in a match that featured a total of 42 shots. So in the space of a couple of hours there were two games in which 79 shots failed to muster a goal. That is surely a record…
- Everton’s winless start to the PL campaign extended to six matches. Only twice before have they not won any of their opening six matches – in 2010/11 when they won their seventh game and in 1994/95 when they went a dozen games before winning.
- Ivan Toney scored his second PL hat-trick against Leeds and is only third English player to do so since the beginning of 2019/20 season. Jamie Vardy also has two and Raheem Sterling has three.
- Thomas Tuchel’s win ratio of 56% in the PL, winning 35 of 63 matches puts him fourth in Chelsea managers. Ahead of him are Antonio Conte 65% (72/110), Jose Mourinho 66% (140/212) and somewhat surpsisingly Avram Grant 69% (22/32).
- Of the sixty PL matches so far this season exactly half have been home wins with only twelve away victories, just a fifth of all games. 20% is the lowest rate of any PL season, the next lowest was 1994/95 at 21% (96/462).
- Leicester’s poor start to the season continued with their 5th straight loss at Brighton. If they do not win their next match it will be the first time they have not won any of their opening seven PL matches in what is their seventeenth season.