20 August Premier League Nuggets – MW2
- 28 goals were scored in MW2, exactly the same as MW 1. Only two players scored in both opening matches – Rodrigo and Martinelli.
- There were no away victories in MW2, something that didn’t happen in the whole of last season.
- Darwin Nunez became the first player to receive a red card this season. Liverpool have not lost any of the last five matches they have played after having a player dismissed, won 3 drawn 2.
- There have been seven own goals already this season. If they continue at this rate there will be 66; the most in a PL season has been 49 in 2013/14.
- Manchester United have lost their opening PL matches for only the second time. The previous occasion was in 1992/93 season when they went on to win the league by ten points.
- Man City notched their 11th consecutive win against Bournemouth, scoring 35 goals to Bournemouth’s 5.
- Monday night’s draw at Anfield halted Liverpool’s run of ten consecutive wins over Palace.